Monday, September 12, 2016

Race Day Update #3


The most important picture of the day:



All three finished. John with a time of 15:15:30. George with a time of 14:31:30. Rob with a time of 12:28:49.

Dell Finney is still out on the course but estimated to finish this year. I so wish I had the energy to go watch him and cheer him on, but as the saying goes, stick a fork in me 'cause I'm done.

It has been an amazing day, full of joy and fun, a friendly clown and a very docile boxer who sniffed my feet, Patriot Day observances, and an iPhone battery that lasted just long enough. Good times.

Thanks for following today's adventure. All the well-wishes and congratulations are very much appreciated.

Peace out.

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats to all three: YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!

    Susan: YOU ARE AN IRONWIFE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THREE OF YOU!! Your smiles say it all, what a fabulous day!! I watched the swim start on line and followed you guys thanks to Susan who gave us your bib numbers.
    I saw George crossing the finish line, what an amazing, amazing sight.
    Congratulations, enjoy the fruit of your hard work, rest and recover.
    Big hugs and thanks again Susan!!!!!
    Maria Rodriguez.
    PS. Just in case you don't know, you can watch yourselves crossing the finish line here! hope I did this right. http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/coverage/detail.aspx?race=wisconsin&y=2016

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto...congrats to all and special congrats to those of you who support them in their quest...they might be able to do it without you but I'm sure they would agree it wouldn't be as much fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to keep tabs on George as if we know him! Thanks, Susan. Bet you are proud. Congratulations, George!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the whole group! Ironmen and their team. Show us a close up picture of that medal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to all three men! That is quite an amazing event to finish! Did Dell finish the race???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried looking by Dell's bib number. It has an overall finishing time, so I take it he finished and is an ironman. I've never looked at one of these races though, so I'm not sure.

      Delete
    2. Dell DID finish, with 15 minutes to spare!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!