Sunday, July 27, 2014

Gratitude Journal #244

 
 
Today, I am grateful for five fun days at my sister's house. Nick, Jack, and I had a wonderful time just hanging at Lisa and Tom's house with them, my mother, niece, and nephews. But we also enjoyed bowling, go-cart racing, and shopping, as well as a day at Rehoboth Beach.

There was a lot of good eating, too, thanks to my sister and mom and a few good restaurants.

Today, I am grateful for cameras that allow us to document the smiles and silliness.


Jack refused to pose with Mom, so she got revenge

Checking out the surf


 
Nick about the be creamed by a wave while
Mac and Jack look on.


Rory

Mac

Dolphin close-up

Dolphins

Grady

Nick and Rory waiting for a ride at the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk

Lisa and Grady on the boardwalk


Lisa and Me, stuffing my face and surprised by the camera


 
Lisa and Tom

Mac
Grady watching his ball
slowly roll to the pins


Today, I am grateful for Jack. You might recall that Sheldon Cooper quotes (in Klingon) the phrase "Revenge is a dish best served cold." The other day, Jack said, apropos of nothing, "Revenge is a side dish." I wonder what the entrée is.... It can't be good.

Today, I am grateful for the choir in our church. What a difference it makes in worship to have trained voices drowning me out during hymns.

Today, I'm grateful that the insurance dealings on our car accident have been so uncomplicated. We were rear-ended about five minutes from my sister's house as we headed home from Maryland. The driver of the other car appeared to be okay, but his car appeared to be totaled. In our car, no one was injured except the car, which is already scheduled to go to the body shop for a new bumper and repairs to the harness for the spare tire.

Today, I'm grateful to George for having a large glass of red wine ready for me when I got home.




What are YOU grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!