Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Gratitude Journal #238

Today, I am grateful for the email confirming my registration for the Stephen Ministry Leadership Training Course. I can't wait to go to Pittsburg in August!

Today, I am grateful for the postcard I received from an aunt who is traveling in Ireland.

Today, I am grateful for the last full week of school for my boys and the imminent prospect of a vacation with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law to northern Minnesota.

Today, I am grateful for rain.

Today, I am grateful for a food catapult, which Jack and I built last night. It was fun, and Jack did a great job following instructions!



Today, I am grateful for the birds nesting on our front porch. I think it's a pair of barn swallows and would appreciate a birder weighing in on that identification.

Building the nest. They won't stay put for me to take a picture with
the door open.

This picture was taken through the window over our front door. You
can see how much progress they've made on the nest.

We'll just hose the bird poo off the porch periodically. I hope we get to see babies soon!


What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Love Jack's catapult! I'd say you are correct on your barn swallow identification. They usually build cup-shaped nests on ledges or under eaves. What fun to watch the family grow ;)
    Today I am grateful for a rainy day so I can catch up on inside chores!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!