Monday, August 5, 2013

Gratitude Journal #199

Today, I am grateful that Jack asked me to tell him a bedtime story last week, and I was struck with inspiration! We now have a whole series of the most ridiculous stories about the Kingdom of Raihala under the sea, where King George, Queen Susan, and princes Nick and Jack live in a coral castle and have adventures. Jack loves these stories...and so do I. Especially the one in which Jack and his friend Sophie roast a sea snake over a Greek fire and eat it after it tries to sneak up on Jack and bite him. It's funny because the snake dies.

Today, I am grateful for communion in the Methodist church...an open table where all who want to partake are welcome. Except snakes, of course.

Today, I am grateful for beautiful, moderate weather in August. We took Daisy for a walk at 4:00 PM on Sunday and didn't die of heat stroke. Last summer, we couldn't walk Daisy at 7:00 AM without taking bottled water along.

Today, I am grateful for friends who give great hugs.

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Big thank you for reminding us to think about the things we should be grateful for. Happy to say there are many things on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!