Thursday, June 27, 2013

What We Did Monday

In 2003, after George returned from Iraqi Freedom, we drove to Colorado to buy a Ford Expedition. But the dealer did the ol' bait-and-switch, so we ended up buying a Volkswagen Passat. In black.


The joy of my driving life for ten years...


I love this car. We had it for ten years, and put 134,000 miles on it. I still wanted to keep it forever, but I stopped trusting it about the same time we moved to the new house. Finally, George and I decided it was time to let it go and get something new, something a bit bigger for our growing boys.

I decided it was time to add some color to my life.


May the next ten years be as wonderful...and a little more colorful!


Oh, yeah. Metallic deep red and new car smell. VW, I will always remember you fondly, but it's time for some shiny red Mazda in my life.

And have you ever noticed how the Mazda logo looks like an owl?

Hopefully, this symbolizes that we made a wise choice.


George rolled his eyes when I pointed this out last night while we were signing paperwork. Men are weird. A cute logo and a pretty color are two totally good reasons to buy a car.

Safe and colorful driving, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new car!! I'm still driving my Explorer (80,000+ miles). While I miss that new car smell (my vehicle currently smells like the multitude of teenage boys I haul around to games), the old clunker is still serving it's purpose.
    Plus, I no longer cringe when I find banana peels, trail mix packages and thousands of Gatorade and water bottles shoved under the seats!!
    Take a deeeeep breath the next time you sit in your new car for me!! (I'll just hold my breath and open windows in mine!! hehe)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!