Friday, March 1, 2013

Words, Words, Words about Counting

"We’re never abandoned. I don’t have to have it all figured out. I don’t have to know where I’m going. I don’t have to know what’s up ahead. My Father numbers my hairs and I can count on Him." Ann Voskamp


Ann's words hit me like a bolt from heaven. Her words often do.

We're never abandoned. A parent may ditch us, or a spouse, or a friend. But God doesn't leave us. Not ever. We may leave Him, but look at how many times He came back to help Israel in the Old Testament, how He sent us Jesus, Himself limited to human form, to save us. Me. You. The whole wide world of sinners.

I don't have to have it all figured out. Well, that's good, because I can't even figure out how to fill out a form I need to fill out and mail immediately. All seems like a tall order.

I don't have to know where I'm going. And I'm starting to enjoy that.

My Father numbers my hairs and I can count on Him. I can count on Him. I can count on Him. This is why when I pray, it's always to Our Father. A Father who never abandons me, who cares so much He knows how many hairs are on my head. I can count on Him.

You can, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!