Monday, March 11, 2013

Gratitude Journal #179

Today, I am grateful that my uncle is home from the hospital, and his recovery is going well.

Today, I am grateful for a prelude to spring...and the opportunity for George and the boys to clean the garage. They did a great job, and walking into the garage now is a joy rather than a dirty obstacle course.

Today, I am grateful for itemized deductions, tax refunds, bank accounts, and George's new job.

Today, I am grateful for the opportunity to teach a lesson in confidentiality tomorrow night to a group of Stephen Minister students who don't need the lesson at all, but we will all be reminded that words created the universe, and words still have the power to build up or tear down.

Today, I am grateful for words that build up. And The Word that created.

Today, I am grateful for this line I picked up from Ann Voskamp's blog this morning:

"Lent’s not about making anybody acceptable to a Savior — but about making everybody aware of why they need a Savior."

Yes, yes, yes.

What are you grateful for today? Please share!

2 comments:

  1. Today I am again grateful for Mondays off, and time to recharge. Alone.

    Today I am grateful for the snowstorm that wasn't this weekend.

    Today I am grateful for good brakes on the Subydo and alertness on the part of the driver of the Suburban behind me, and escaping an accident on icy roads.

    Today I am grateful for good health and recovery from the nasty bug that gripped my husband and me for the last three weeks. It's nice to be able to breathe again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote!!

    Thankful for my nap yesterday afternoon - daylight savings and I are not friends LOL!

    Thankful for being able to teach my 5/6 Sunday School class and learning from the story of the good Samaritan.

    Thankful spring break is coming up and I get my kids all to myself (no daycare kids). Soaking up as much time with them as I can while it's still okay to hang with mom ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!