Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekly Giggle

At Big Tree Plantation (a Christmas tree farm we visit every year), the kids and I retrieved the car and drove around to pick George up. He stuck out his thumb like a hitchhiker, and I stopped to let him in the car.

Me: I don't normally pick up hitchhikers but you're kinda cute. Get in.

George: Awww, thanks! You're cute, too.

Nick: Would you stop talking like that?

George: What? Do you think you just fell out of the sky? That's how you got to be in the world.

Nick: Just stop.

Later that same day, George and I got flirty again while decorating the tree.

Nick: Would you wait to do that sort of thing until I'm in bed?

George: Oh, we do, Nick. We DO.

Nick: Arrrrrgh!

Teenagers are so easy to tease it's like shooting fish in a barrel, but less messy and much funnier.

6 comments:

  1. Having teens myself, this gave me a fabulous giggle today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! We do the same thing with our kid, and he's 30-a squeamish, 30, but then....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I love it! My 10 year old daughter almost dies of embarrassment when her Dad and I even look at each other cute, let alone start talking and acting cute. :-) One of the big joys of parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the giggle! Just entering the teens so know this is coming up soon LOL!

    Good for you for showing your kids how much you love each other -- as much as they will complain it gives them such security in a society where divorce is rampant :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it fun to tease the kids? Ours are in their 30s and they still squirm seeing us play kissy-face. The grandkids LOVE seeing us though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!