Monday, December 31, 2012

Gratitude Journal #168

Today, I am grateful for 2012. It was a good year for us, and we're ending it far more settled and comfortable than we began it.

Today, I am grateful for snow. We got snow the day after Christmas, and it's still here, with more forecast in the next few days. The boys are over the moon, and our lawn looks amazing.

Today, I am grateful for birdseed. We have enjoyed so many birds visiting the feeder outside our front door, and I adore their little footprints in the snow.

Today, I am grateful for my mother's visit, for the time we spent together, for the laughter and conversation and love. Thanks, Mom, for coming.





Today, I am grateful for Christmas decorations, which we had so few of during last year's move. They'll be put away in the coming week, but isn't that what makes them so special? They only stay for about month every year. Of course, Jack would be happier if our Elf on the Shelf stayed around all year, but I know better.

What are you grateful for today, the last day of 2012?

1 comment:

  1. I too am grateful for the birds at our feeders. They are so fun to watch. I am grateful for a time to contemplate the last year - what to improve on, what to change, what to keep the same.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!