Monday, November 19, 2012

Gratitude Journal #163

Today, I am grateful for last week's Thanksgiving feast at Jack's school. Having attended school-sponsored Thanksgiving feasts before, my expectations were low (turkey loaf, anyone?) but Mrs. Kneeland's class put down a delicious spread with all the traditional dishes (including a real, juicy turkey and Jack's Famous Mac and Cheese) that knocked my culinary socks off. It was fabulous.




Today, I am grateful for the fourth-grade Christmas concert (even if it happened before Thanksgiving) and seeing the joy on Jack's face as he sang. I'm also grateful that he has taken to singing in the shower, which is totally characteristic of his sunny disposition.

Today, I am grateful to have a teenager in the house. A little scared, too, but grateful that my firstborn is growing into a fine young man. I am grateful that he chose to celebrated his birthday with a family dinner at PF Chang's and a day at the Columbus Zoo.








Today, I am grateful for my own Thanksgiving birthday and the fact I'll be turning an even number this year. I'm also grateful that I'll be celebrating with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. What a special treat!

Today, I am grateful for the week of the year most filled with gratitude in our fair country. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Please make it a special day of gratitude, and then carry that grateful heart with you throughout the coming year. God's grace and peace be with you.


What are you grateful for today?

4 comments:

  1. Lucky that you turn an even no. in an even numbered year! I turn an even number in an odd year - and visa versa.
    Nevertheless, I am grateful for . . .
    electrical work being completed,
    daughters flourishing &
    the wonderful sound of birds tweeting the end of day in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures :) They grow up too quickly, don't they!!

    Thankful for the potential of a really big job for hubby's company, a relaxing day yesterday, a friend who came and did some electrical work for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I'm thankful for a co-worker that makes me laugh. And I mean LAUGH. He makes the workday so much better.
    I'm also thankful for a sister-in-law who trusts me enough to confide in me about many things. I'm so blessed to have married into this family.
    And, thankful for a warm home with plenty of food in the cupboards. Too many people don't have these things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week I am grateful for family. I am grateful that I have a husband who is willing and able to fix a broken computer. I am grateful to only have two more concerts, one exam, one swim meet left before we can finally end this school year and RELAX!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!