Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hello Again

Hello! It's been a while since I posted, and if you don't read my other blog, you may be wondering what is up.

Or you may not be wondering because you haven't missed me at all. I understand.

Anyway, I've been in paradise. My in-laws took their children and grandchildren to Kauai to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. It was amazing, and I'll have lots of photos and stories to share in the coming weeks. So much happened, so much to think about and process from this week of my life. Some of it's weird, most of it's wonderful.

I'll also have a post about my favorite businesses we patronized...none of which have compensated me in any way, so don't worry. I'm not selling out to The Man. I just want to share some cool businesses, a few of which have websites that you NEED to check out.

We are currently dazed and confused and more than a little tired after an over-night flight from Lihue to Los Angeles that passed in a blur of crying babies, snoring men, and a bad case of jumpy leg. We're currently hanging out in the Delta Sky Club (courtesy of George's frequent flyer status), with free Wi-Fi that is much better than the supposed Wi-Fi at our resort on Kauai.

We're also sucking down coffee and awaiting our flight to Cincinnati and the drive home.

Tomorrow we'll pick up Miss Daisy, who has vacationed at Pet Camp. I cannot imagine the level of golden frenzy she'll reach when she sees us, though I suspect a little pee will be involved.

Too much information? I'm so sorry. I'm tired. Please forgive me.

Mahalo.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you've had a great time - can't wait to hear and see all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back (almost!). Can't wait to read your musings of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it back to the mainland safely! Can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter's Australian Cattle Dog piddles for my hubby every time she sees him. We've learned to greet her outdoors or on the vinyl kitchen floor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!