Monday, April 16, 2012

Gratitude Journal #134

Today, I am grateful we have a contract on the old house. Hopefully, this one doesn't fall through like the last one did!

Today, I am grateful for experienced professionals who do good work. We now have a patio in the back yard, and the back yard has been graded and seeded. If we are fortunate with the weather, we'll have the beginnings of grass in about two weeks! The front yard is completely exposed to the prevailing winds and cannot be seeded for perhaps another month, but at least the back is in progress!

Today, I am grateful for a full week of school so I can truly make some progress getting the house organized.

Today, I am grateful for George, a man who makes life fun.

Today, I am grateful for bird song, for stars that shine at night, and for running water.

What are you grateful for today?

5 comments:

  1. A good night's sleep

    That I lost another 2 pounds last week

    That I will finish my huge stack of ironing this morning

    For the presentation by a motivational speaker at a Women's Tea at a little church I've never been to before

    That we leave on our trip to Washington State in 3 weeks

    For open windows that invite in the fresh breezes

    For my bold cup of coffee

    For many wonderful stamping images

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I am grateful for a wonderful weekend with my girlfriends. We spent our weekend away at a lovely B&B in Pentwater.

    I am grateful for the relaxing massage I had on Saturday.

    I am especially grateful for the reunion with my husband yesterday afternoon. I LOVE that man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful for my family for although they may make me crazy at times they are all, unequivocally, mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So grateful for the amazing weather we had this weekend which made the cherry trees bloom in full splendor!

    Grateful for my hubby's great cooking :)

    Grateful for my tulips in the front yard being just about ready to bloom - they are my favorite flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today I am grateful for:

    1. The ability to spend time in the beautiful outdoors watching my son practice his BMX bike skills along with his friends.

    2. A book by Joel Osteen entitled "Every Day a Friday ... How to Be Happier Seven Days a Week." I'm thoroughly enjoying it and am anxious to put his teachings into practice.

    3. Having known Al L., a long-time family friend and neighbor who passed away yesterday at the age of 91.

    4. Wonderful, caring friends who will always be there for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!