Friday, February 18, 2011

Words, Words, Words on Books and a Few Random Subjects

"Hold a book in your hand and you're a pilgrim at the gates of a new city."
Anne Michaels (because I bought a new book today and feel the privilege of it)

"It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (because my boys are overachievers)

"All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed." Sean O'Casey (and even when we are rehearsed, we can still act like idiots, sort of like I did tonight in the kitchen)

"Television – a medium. So called because it is neither rare nor well done." Ernie Kovacs (because George and I can not find anything worth watching tonight)

What random words are appealing to you right now?

1 comment:

  1. How can anyone beat Ernie Kovacs' words on a Friday night? And though I have no specific words in mind right now, any that speak of real hold-in-the-hand books turn me on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!