Monday, January 31, 2011

Gratitude Journal #76

Today, I am grateful for George's latest recipe, steak fried rice. Yum.

Today, I am grateful for indoor heating, especially with a huge winter storm headed our way.

Today, I am grateful for our crazy golden retriever. She eats icicles, digs holes in the yard, and chews the corners off all our dish towels. She also sheds love like fur everywhere she goes.


In discussing the differences between golden retrievers and Labrador retrievers, Tom Davis wrote, "If Labs were people, they'd be the surgeons, accountants, attorneys, and CEOs--successful, yes, but a little, um, predictable. Goldens, in contrast, are right side, Type B dogs: imaginative, mellow, enemies of routines. Theyd be dancers, musicians, poets, artists--quirky, fun-loving, and full of surprises. You'd want a Labrador to handle your money, but you'd want a golden to throw your party. A couple hours into the festivities, it'd be the one wearing the lampshade." Other than Davis' use of the word mellow, this fits Daisy perfectly. I imagine in about six years, she'll mellow out a bit, just like Hoover did. But for now, she's a crazy icicle-chewing party-girl.

Today, I am grateful to two women, Patti M. and Miriam H., for their thoughtfulness.

What are you grateful for today?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that snow looks fab as we swelter away down here at the moment. Seems the postie didn't dally eh? I'm grateful for that. I'm also grateful for sisters and cousins, who are coming over for a play in a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I am grateful for my health (especially since my husband is coming down with yet another cold....)!
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful for a boss that will listen to suggestions.
    I am grateful for co-workers that make going to work joyful!
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the Lab is a banker and the golden retriever a party girl, then I think my cats would be the mean girl who only talked to you when she wanted to borrow your class notes. I still love them, but I know they only 'care' about me because of my opposable digits.

    Right now I'm grateful for the snowplows and their drivers, as the snow falls and falls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grateful for . . .
    . . . the rain which makes my garden happy
    . . . food in my fridge
    . . . the 12 hours of sleep last night (catching up after working (creating) until 4am on Sunday morning!!! when will I learn you can't burn the candle at both ends!)
    . . . the public holiday today

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!