Thursday, November 18, 2010

Weekly Giggle #24

For Nick's birthday, I baked a perfect cheesecake. After Nick, George, and I inhaled our pieces, George and I had the following conversation.


Me: When it comes to baking, I rock.

George: What about bread?

Me: Baking with sugar. I rock at baking cakes and pies and bars.

George: True. But why don’t you bake cookies?

Me: My cookies never seem to turn out how I want. Except my Angel Balls [a.k.a. wedding cookies]. Those rock.

George:
I don’t consider those cookies.

Me: Why not?

George: They’re spherical.

Who knew?

3 comments:

  1. Angel balls? Really my middle school boys would have a field day with that one. Perhaps I need to get your recipe and take them some. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was in college before the balls reference seemed, um, complicated. But then, I was the first English major in my family. I doubt anyone else in my family sees the double meaning...except maybe my sister.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!