Monday, May 31, 2010

Get a Box of Kleenex for a Good Cry

Don't worry. We still have Hoover, the miracle dog who ate hot dogs and french fries yesterday and looked remarkably perky for a dog who was supposed to be dead a month ago.

What a blessing to us that he's doing so well!


No, today's cry comes to us courtesy of Pioneer Woman's photo contest "Coming Home," featuring photos of Armed Service members coming home. Not only did I have flashbacks to welcoming George home from the Persian Gulf War and Iraqi Freedom, but I was deeply moved by the sheer volume of photos. Some of the welcome home photos are of flag-draped coffins, of loved ones being handed flags graveside, and of grave markers at Arlington. Some are of daddies meeting their babies for the first time. Some are of moms in uniform holding their children. Some are from World War II, some are from the recent past. All are precious.

Click, and be moved. Sniff, sniff.


Coming Home Group 1

Group 2

Group 3

Group 4

Group 5

5 comments:

  1. I cried like a baby as each group she posted came through my reader. The mother looking for her son's name on the memorial was too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that link Susan. Indeed, they are very touching images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a rush of emotions. Pride, sadness for those who have lost loved ones in wars, gratefulness that our son came home safely - twice, happiness for those seeing their loved ones again... Thank you for bringing this to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You warned me, Susan! You said get the kleenex box...but I didn't.
    Thanks for the links. I am praying that my daughter doesn't ever have to be in this situation, but it could easily happen. I appreciate everyone who serves, from the bottom of my heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!